Blindness, loss of sight and Eye Injuries
Loss of sight or blindness can be devastating. Whether the loss of sight is partial or total, it is life changing and if the accident was not your fault you may be entitled to claim for personal injury compensation.
Types of accident that can cause blindness or eye injury
Assault – Violent crime can cause scratches, cuts or irritation to the eye
Chemicals – The eye can suffer burns if it comes into contact with chemicals
Sharp objects – Small sharp objects can cause very serious injury and can occur at home or in a public place such as a school or in a road traffic accident.
Laser Eye surgery – Given the nature of laser eye surgery, there is always a risk of eye injury.
Electric shocks – blindness or loss of sight can be caused by both the shock itself and the sudden flash of bright light generated.
Typical eye injury compensation amounts
- Total blindness - up to £192,000*
- Loss of sight in one eye with reduced vision in the remaining eye - up to £128,500*
- Total loss of one eye - up to £46,900*
- Complete loss of sight in one eye - up to £39,150*
- Serious but incomplete loss of vision in one eye - up to £28,000*
- Minor but permanent impairement of vision in one eye - up to £15,000*
- Minor eye injuries- up to £6,250*
- Transient eye injuries - up to £2,800*
* The figures above are based on what is commonly awarded for similar injuries.
Eye Injury Claims - Our service
Claimsworth provide expert legal advice and support, while always offering the following service:
- On a No Win, No Fee basis
- We can also help you claim compensation for any further financial losses incurred as a result of the accident and injury. We can help you claim for the following:
- Loss of earnings
- Medical Expenses
- Cost of care
- Potential future losses.
Suffered an eye injury or blindness? Claim the compensation you deserve with Claimsworth.
If you have suffered an eye injury or blindness that wasn’t your fault, Claimsworth can support you throughout the rehabilitation process, ensuring you get the help and treatment you need and the compensation you deserve.
Call Claimsworth for free on 0800 779 70 70 for a free consultation with one of our personal injury claim experts or start your claim here.